It’s Thanksgiving Day, and whether your day is full of cooking, visiting, and gathering with friends—or a quiet day on your own—let’s take a minute to focus on what’s true.
Here’s Pastor Allen with a quick Thanksgiving message for you:
Before you move further into your day, here are some simple ways you can lead with your faith and invite God into your Thanksgiving:
- Ask God to remind you of all the blessings He’s given you, and thank Him as He brings things to mind throughout your day.
- Pray that He would give you His heart for the people you encounter today.
- Pray that He would lead and direct your conversations—that they would be godly, truthful, and point toward Him.
- Pray for hearts to be opened to His Spirit and His Truth.
- Pray for His protection over you, your friends, and your family—whether you’re together today, or apart.
Gathering around the Thanksgiving dinner table offers a unique opportunity to share what God has done in your life this year. Let’s bring Jesus into our holidays and our conversations in an intentional way—then watch to see what God will do!
— Allen Jackson Ministries
I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High. — Psalm 35:1-2