Many times, choosing to walk away from God isn’t a single decision. Sin creeps into our lives subtly. It’s like dipping our toes into a stream to test the waters, thinking a little dabble won’t hurt—then we suddenly find ourselves swept into a current so strong it controls us.
The daily choices we make either open the door to increasing holiness and spiritual growth, or they lead us toward darkness and evil. These habits will build your spiritual strength:
- Cultivating an active and intentional prayer life.
- Spending time with Scripture.
- Gathering with God’s people.
- Adhering to the truth you already know.
- Being generous with your time and money.
- Actively ridding yourself of pride, selfish ambition, and greed.
You and I have been asked to take our place in God’s unfolding purposes. That means setting aside our old ways and trusting that He has provided everything we need to pursue godliness and holiness, every day (2 Peter 1:3-4).
Let’s decide to become the living example of triumph—with our words, actions, and life choices reflecting the majesty of His Kingdom, everywhere we go.
Onward in Him,
Pastor Allen Jackson